Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Not Pretty

How bitter am I right now?

I push through reading flipping "Maxim" -- quite honestly one of the most offensive magazines out there today -- to compare it with "Cosmopolitan" -- also offensive in its way: like, how is bending over backwards (sometimes literally) to please your man somehow behaving like a modern woman?? Where's the feminism? But I like the fashion tips and makeup ideas for eyes because my eyes look so small when I wear glasses ... but I digress ... -- and I follow the rules for the paper in comparing and using examples and introducing and concluding in a professional student way, exactly how I've been taught in these past 8 weeks of school ...

And it's 4 pages, with no criticism on the first page ... nothing on the second ... oh, here's a note on the third page about how I didn't reference which issues my examples came from (whoops) ... nothing on the 4th ... oh! what's this at the bottom: "Overall, well done! Providing specific examples from the magazines to illustrate your point is great and effective"

A-

Mothercrocker! Minus?? A flipping minus???? What the ... did I miss a criticism in there? Did she note anywhere a mistake in grammar (there were none, NONE)? No. So I get knocked down ... what ... 8 or 9 for not stating which issue the examples came from? Are you kidding me?

GTFs man ... they're harsh.

No comments: