Saturday, September 10, 2005

Things I Will Never Understand

1. Why a stereo has to be played at 11 to get the "full effects of the sound"
2. Why people keep believing that President Bush is working on behalf of America as a country as opposed to America, his friends and financial supporters who may or may not live in this country, but certainly don't have any homes on the Gulf Coast
3. Why all cats are double-jointed and can lift their legs over their heads, but most dogs are not and cannot
4. How Paris Hilton has managed to stretch her 15 minutes into 2+ years and counting
5. Why laundry can't do itself
6. Why I'm allergic to flippin' everything

Okay, I'm over the stereo thing. If I close my door and put on headphones it's actually fine. I don't have to listen to fusion jazz if I don't want to.

And I wasn't saying I didn't like Johnny O'Clock ... okay, I was kind of ... but it was mostly because of the whole Dick Powell association. Hearing him tough-talk dames (poor little Nina Foch) just isn't going to be an instant hit with me, especially when I'm used to hearing him sing corny songs ("If I could hate yuh, I'd keep away; That ain't my nature, I'm full of vitamin A, say!"). It's like Gene Kelly playing Al Capone.

And sure, the fusion jazz remark was put in to shame Mal into never playing it again. He wasn't playing it at that moment. (cah! but it was Dark Side of the Moon ... as if that's much better)

No comments: